Taste of Little Italy 2019
- This event has passed.
Taste of Little Italy 2019
June 15, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
What better way to celebrate the beautiful summer weather and Toronto’s multiculturalism than by exploring our city’s original Little Italy neighbourhood? Come one, come all – Little Italy Business Improvement Area (BIA) is set to host the yearly Taste of Little Italy, jump starting on Friday June 14, perfect for a fun-filled family day or an evening out with your friends. The weekend-long festival will run along College Street, between Shaw Street and Bathurst Street.
Taste of Little Italy still has all of the memorable elements you loved as a child, but now with so much more. The neighbourhood is not simply Italian-inspired – it is filled with a heartening fusion of cultures and trendy new businesses. 50 food and beverage front-runners will be extending their patios that weekend, offering Torontonians the perfect opportunity to take advantage of their favourite past-time: patio season! In fact, you can enjoy some vino and pizza at Toronto’s very first patio at Cafe Diplomatico.
Come enjoy a classic cocktail at your favourite iconic bar, or adventure to a trendy new restaurant and experience a blast of flavours.
- Visit Toronto’s historic Little Italy’s tried and true classics like Cafe Diplomatico, Sotto Sotto, Trattoria Taverniti, La Forchetta, Capitol Trattoria Pizzeria and Hogtown Pub & Oysters.
- At the beloved Bar Raval, experience one of Canada’s most talented chefs Grant van Gameren’s explosive culinary creations. With their Gaudi-inspired interior and phenomenal tapas-style dishes, you’ll have a truly authentic Spanish experience.
- See what the hype is all about at newly-opened Peacock Public House where you can enjoy classic English dishes and warm hospitality, but with a modern touch.
- Little Italy is home to some of Toronto’s most innovative and imaginative restaurants and cocktail bars such as Mrs. Robinson, Pinky’s Ca Phe, and Imm Thai Kitchen where you can taste authentic and beautifully-presented food from around the world.
- You don’t need to travel far to satisfy your sweet tooth! Head to Dolce Gelato E Cafe to wind down with freshly-made gelato, or chill out at The Big Chill with mini cones for just $2 – a classic spot for a scoop or two of your favourite flavour. In fact, Sicilian Sidewalk is celebrating 60 years with a Nostalgia event on June 1!
The Taste of Little Italy celebration will take place at the five entertainment corners on Friday and Saturday and four on Sunday brought to you by St. Royal Entertainment. Their team is bringing fresh new sounds from local and internationally recognized artists to Taste of Little Italy 2019 with their new music program, specially curated for this year’s festival! Discover new sounds at exciting and colourful locations at this year’s Taste of Little Italy festival. Don’t forget your dancing shoes! Entertainment corners will feature attractions for the whole family:
- A midway
- Carnival rides
- Live music and entertainment
- Multicultural vendors
BIA’s Taste of Little Italy is free admission and is TTC accessible. The street festival will showcase the heart and soul of one of Toronto’s oldest, most beloved and fastest-evolving neighbourhoods.
The festival hours are as follows:
Friday, June 14, 2019 7:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Saturday, June 15, 2019 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Sunday, June 16, 2019 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Host Website Little Italy BIA: https://tolittleitaly.com/