- This event has passed.
Hogg, Shain & Scheck Managing for Growth: Alternate Financing
November 3, 2016 @ 7:00 am - 10:00 am
IS OBTAINING FINANCE A CHALLENGE? Hogg, Shain & Scheck wanted to educate business owners on a variety of financing options so presented a panel discussion with 3 types of financing companies may not be aware of.
Small and mid-size businesses looking to grow, invest in new technologies, obtain more working capital or make acquisitions were in attendance where the panel discussion focused on the evolution of alternate financing solutions available to help SME entrepreneurs achieve their business goals.
Panelists will comprise of three representatives from some of Canada’s leading alternate financing institutions.
- Bobby Anand, Senior Managing Director, Bridging Finance Inc.
- Hassan Khan, CEO, Quantius
- Jeff Mesina, Vice President, AIP Private Capital
Moderator: Dwijo Banerjie, Partner, Hogg, Shain & Scheck: Dwijo is a Chartered Professional Accountant with over 20 years of experience in transaction advisory, corporate finance and assurance services. His experience includes working with two global accounting firms for over 18 years.
Dwijo has serviced clients of all sizes in Canada and U.S. across a range of industries including retail, distribution and logistics, manufacturing, resources, real estate, information technology, hospitality, media, engineering services and healthcare. He has provided transaction advisory services to private equity firms, pension funds and strategic acquirers in Canada and the US.
Dwijo was a member of the Board of Directors for United Way, Milton from 2011 to 2014. Dwijo is active in the Canadian Venture Capital Association and Association of Corporate Growth.
Date: Thursday, November 3, 2016
- New alternate financing solutions that are available to small and mid-size businesses.
- Scenarios in which alternate financing should be sought.
- Examples of where alternate financing has made a successful difference.
- Requirements of alternate financing institutions.